Business Development Representative
Dhaka, Bangladesh - Sales & Partnership - Full-Time
About Alice Labs:
Alice Labs is a Singapore-registered but global company that helps e-commerce, retail, and online businesses have the best in class multi-channel help-desk and conversational AI platform.
MyAlice.ai platform helps online businesses seamlessly manage customer interactions across multiple social channels and their own on-site, in-app chat—with added powerful AI-driven automation that drives sales up and customer service costs down!
About the Role:
Alice Labs is hiring one incredible Business Development Representative to BUILD and OWN the day-to-day work involved in growing a partner & global sales within Alice Labs.
This is a brand-new, full-time position that’s perfect for an early career professional who is passionate about our mission and looking for a role with a lot of ownership where they can directly impact a company’s growth globally.
This is a global-facing role, so the BDR should be comfortable with face-to-face interactions as well as online interactions globally.
This role will work closely with the Sales and Partner Strategy Lead.
What you’ll be doing on the team:
As a Business Development Representative (BDR), you will use a combination of phone, email, social media, MyAlice.ai and direct mail to help build our partner and global sales pipeline by connecting with prospective customers, understanding their unique needs, and identifying the best way to position MyAlice.ai. You’ll have the opportunity to master your sales skills in an environment that fosters continuous learning and growth.
In one month you'll
- Attend comprehensive organization training and learn the MyAlice.ai story, how we work and our goals for the future
- Experience in-depth product training, including learning how to use the product for your own business
- Have 1:1 meetings with your direct manager and meet with other leaders at MyAlice.ai
- Shadow colleagues and start working on your own pitch
- Learn the buyer personas and formulate creative outreach
- Schedule your first meeting with a target account
By month 3 you'll
- Master MyAlice.ai product and have a strong understanding of the industry and the people you’ll be reaching out to in order to create messaging that will resonate with them and help you achieve your goals.
- Fully understand our internal ecosystem and be able to collaborate cross-functionally
- Work with Sales Executives & Sales Engineers to develop a territory plan
- Continue to learn conversational and social prospecting tactics
- Schedule meetings that convert to the pipeline through well-crafted prospecting messages
- Continue to learn about the ever-changing industry
By month 6 you'll
- Master conversational prospecting tactics
- Work with your manager to identify a plan of continued growth
- Bring your thinking, strategy, and ideas to the team to advance our unique culture and vision for the future
Your resume will look something like this after holding this job for a few years (exciting isn’t it?):
- Bootstrapped company from $X to $Y
- Grew subscription from X to Y
- Helped scale business development in X, Y, Z regions
- Worked closely with CEO/Founder/ Management Team to define and improve the business
- Reduced costs by x and increased revenue by y—and did it on time and under budget!
Who We Want to Meet:
In case you think you have the skills, please apply even if you don’t have every aspect of the experience we’ve outlined.
You Must Have:
- 2-5+ years of relevant work experience, especially managing a community/team, growing event attendance, and fostering connections
- Experience working remotely and the ability to get things done without much oversight
- Excellent English communication skills
You Ideally Have:
- A mix of the emotional intelligence needed to create community but also the strategic planning and execution to grow the membership in a meaningful way.
- Expertise in or demonstrated excitement about the tech/startup world that our members work in.
- Experience running communities and bringing people together.
- Ability to get people excited when hosting engaging events, motivating a team of freelancers & developers, and modeling how members can use and get the most out of the community.
Familiarity with the tools we use: Trello, LinkedIn Sales Navigator / Similarweb/ Airtable. (If not no problem we train and onboard all our reps)
- Empathetic: You truly care about (and take time to learn) the struggles and needs of our community and partner companies.
- Disciplined: You’re a person who can work independently and remotely, on your own, to keep things moving.
- Dependable: Quite simply, you do everything you say you’re going to do. You’re organized enough to work with little supervision.
- Organized: You’re extremely organized and have created systems to make sure things don’t slip through the cracks, even when the volume is high.
Salt of the Earth: You’re honest and have the highest integrity. You understand that even though we’re running a business, our mission will always be people over profit.
July 6, 2021